Merida Scultura Disc 5000 Road Bike (2018)
5% Best Price Guarantee We'll beat any price by 5%*
Our 5% Best Price Guarantee is our commitment that we offer the lowest price. If you find a cheaper price, we will beat it by 5%.
- Applies to any cheaper price found on any online store in Australia, or in a physical store within Australia.
- Applies when the competitor's final price inclusive of any taxes and delivery fees.
- *Excludes Garmin, other exclusions apply learn more here.
Up to 12 months interest free
Merida Scultura Disc 5000 is an entry level carbon road bike with Shimano Utegra 11 speed groupset and disc brakes. It is ideal for the recreational or social rider looking to upgrade to carbon, or someone with a longer commute looking for something lightweight and efficient. Merida Scultura Disc 5000 utilises Merida’s CF2 frame, offering a great blend of performance and comfort.
The Longer head tube provides an upright riding position, ensuring it’s still comfortable for beginners and all day riding. The Scultura Disc 5000 has outstanding lateral stiffness through the bottom bracket. This provides sharp acceleration out of the saddle, and more efficient pedalling, turning more of your pedal stroke into speed over the road.
A full carbon fork is lighter, safer, and more comfortable than an alloy equivalent. Paired with a tapered steerer, they deliver deliver precise steering and handling. A Shimano Ultegra groupset with a compact crankset provides accurate shifting through the wide range of gears. This will help less experienced riders maintain an efficient cadence and pedal stroke through longer and more challenging rides or climbs.
Shimano Ultegra 11 speed offers the perfect balance of performance, weight, and longevity. Disc brakes offer significantly improved stopping power, as well as control over braking. They also perform much better in the wet, where rims brakes can have trouble gripping the wet surface of the wheel.
Flex Stay technology dampens vibrations through the rear of the bike, improving overall comfort. A tapered head tube provides front end stiffness, delivering precise steering and handling. 25mm tyres come standard for improved traction and comfort, without sacrificing any performance.
The Merida Scultura Disc 5000 is a great value carbon road bike, suited to the amateur and the enthusiast looking for a fast yet comfortable bike with exceptional performance. All Merida bikes come with a lifetime warranty. This means frames are guaranteed to be free from material or manufacturing defects for the entire ownership for the original owner.
- 01.FRAME Scultura CF2 disc 12 [PF86]02.
- SIZES (50)-SM(52)-ML(54)-L(56)-XL(59) cm03.
- FORK Scultura carbon pro 12 FM04.
- B-LEVER Shimano Ultegra05.
- BRAKE-F Shimano Ultegra disc06.
- BRAKE-R Shimano Ultegra disc07.
- FRONT ROTOR Shimano RT54 16008.
- REAR ROTOR Shimano RT54 16009.
- CHAIN KMC X11-110.
- CHAINWHEEL Shimano RS500 50-3411.
- BOTTOM BRACKET SET Shimano Pressfit BB7112.
- DERAILLEUR FRONT Shimano Ultegra DF13.
- DERAILLEUR REAR Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000SS14.
- CASSETTE Shimano CS-5800-11 11-2815.
- GRIP Merida Road Expert16.
- HANDLEBAR Merida Expert Compact road 31.817.
- HANDLEBAR STEM MERIDA Expert 31.8 -518.
- HEAD SET Merida M2331 Neck19.
- FRONT HUB Bearing Centerlock 12-10020.
- REAR HUB Bearing Centerlock 12-14221.
- FRONT AXLE Merida QR48N 12-10022.
- REAR AXLE Merida QR48 12-14223.
- RIMS Merida Expert 22 SL disc pair24.
- SADDLE Merida Sport25.
- SEAT CLAMP Merida Expert clamp26.
- SEAT POST MERIDA carbon Comp SB15 27.227.
- SHIFTERS Shimano Ultegra disc28.
- SPOKE Double Butted Black stainless29.
- INNER TUBE Ultralite 4830.
- TYRES Continental Grand Sport Race 25 fold
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano Pressfit BB71|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Ultegra|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-5800-11 11-28|
|Crankset||Shimano RS500 50-34|
|Derailleur Front||Shimano Ultegra DF|
|Derailleur Rear||Shimano Ultegra RD-R8000SS|
|Fork||Scultura carbon pro 12 FM|
|Frame||Scultura CF2 disc 12 [PF86]|
|Grips||MERIDA Road Expert|
|Handlebar||MERIDA Expert Compact road 31.8|
|Headset||MERIDA M2331 Neck|
|Rims||MERIDA Expert 22 SL disc pair|
|Seatpost||MERIDA carbon Comp SB15 27.2|
|Stem||MERIDA Expert 31.8 -5|
|Spokes||Double Butted Black stainless|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra disc|
|Tyres||Continental Grand Sport Race 28 fold|
Road bikes are designed purely for on-road use - they are fast, lightweight and efficient. Great for general fitness training, as a social activity, longer distance commuing, or more serious events and racing.
Entry level bikes feature alloy frames and simple gearing (or groupsets). Generally these bikes as more comfort focused, and keep prices cheap by using more basic componentry for gears, brakes and wheels.
Moving through the range, bikes become more performance focused, with materials and components becoming more lightweight, durable and easy to use. Riders who get the bug can often begin to feel as though they are 'outgrowing' their bikes, and start to crave lighter frames, smoother shifting, better braking and improved handling.
Carbon frames achieve a big advance in performance, as the material is extremely strong, light, and stiff. It also provides greater comfort (through vibration dampening), as well power transfer (and therefore efficiency) compared to an alloy frame. The less flex there is laterally in the frame as a rider pedals mean less power is lost from each pedal stroke, and more in transfer into creating forward motion through the crank and wheels. Performance focused bikes aim to give the rider a bike that is laterally stiff, while allowing for some flex (or compliance) vertically as a way absorb some of the bumps in the road before they reach the rider. Obviously a more comfortable ride is not only more enjoyable, but improves performance and means a longer time can be spent out on the road riding.
In September 1972, Ike Tseng (1932–2012) a brilliant engineer and visionary founded MERIDA. While visiting the USA, Ike saw a sign in a bike shop that stated refusal to repair any Taiwanese bikes, due to the unfavourable quality. As a result of this he set out to fulfil his dream of high quality bikes made in Taiwan and formed the MERIDA Industry Company Ltd.
The MERIDA name has three syllables Me-Ri-Da and it is the company’s intention to manufacture beautiful, high quality bikes that enables everyone to reach their destination enjoyably. MERIDA created a world-leading bike factory but Ike still wasn’t satisfied, so in 1988 the MERIDA brand was launched. Ike’s vision is still very much a part of MERIDA, manufacturing all kinds of bikes from children’s bikes to world-class professional road and mountain bikes for the Bahrain- MERIDA team riders. Everybody has a different journey, and everyone can benefit from a MERIDA.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
- Access to exclusive guarantees
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Road Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.