Norco Optic A1 29inch Mountain Bike (2018)
5% Best Price Guarantee We'll beat any price by 5%
Our 5% Best Price Guarantee is our commitment that we offer the lowest price. If you find a cheaper price, we will beat it by 5%.
- Applies to any cheaper price found on any online store in Australia, or in a physical store within Australia.
- Applies when the competitor's final price inclusive of any taxes and delivery fees.
- *Terms and conditions apply. Click here to learn more
Up to 12 months interest free
TO SOME, IT’S ABOUT CARVING ENDLESS RIBBONS OF BUFF, FLOWY SINGLETRACK. TO OTHERS, IT’S THE CHALLENGE OF PUNCHY TRAILS, TECHNICAL CLIMBS AND OFF-CAMBER ROOTS. YES, YES AND YES.
The Optic is a fast-pedaling trail bike that rides with just the right mix of Cross Country efficiency and All-Mountain playfulness. Progressive trail geometry has been carefully tuned across each frame size to give every rider the same optimal fit and ride quality, while A.R.T. suspension delivers both efficient climbing and lively, capable descending. Ride faster, with more control, complete confidence and that feeling of becoming at one with the bike – the Optic gives you a whole new perspective on the trail.
More than a single suspension platform, A.R.T. (or Advanced Ride Technology ) is a system that we optimize for each intended use. Norco's engineering team strategically manipulates pivot locations to precision-tune suspension kinematics, ensuring that every full suspension bike will excel in the environment it was designed for.
Traditional frame designs disregard rear-center lengths when changing size, leading to sub-optimal riding positions for some riders. Gravity Tune fixes the front-centre/rear-centre ratio across all frame sizes, effectively optimizing geometry and rider weight distribution for every bike in the line.
OPTIC ALUMINUM FRAME WITH TRAIL GEOMETRY:
Premium lightweight aluminum frame delivers a quick, responsive and playful riding experience.
Trail-tuned for the perfect balance of traction and efficiency on the way up and complete control on the way down.
650B AND 29ER WHEELS:
The Optic uses 650B wheels on the XS-S frame sizes to offer the best fit and handling for smaller riders, while the M-XL frames use 29er wheels. Both are tuned to deliver a perfect fit and optimal performance on the trail.
Allows for the same compact rear-centre length for both 650B and 29er models, ample tire clearance and a stiffer, stronger wheel.
REMOVABLE FRONT DERAILLEUR MOUNT:
Offers the flexibility to run a side-swing front derailleur or a clean-looking 1x drivetrain with or without a chainguide.
- 01.FRAME Optic Aluminum 110mm (29), 120mm (650B)
- 02.FORK Rockshox Pike RC Solo Air Boost 120mm (29), 130mm (650B)
- 03.REAR SHOCK Fox Performance Float, DPS SV, EVOL
- 04.HEADSET FSA #57 E ( tapered internal ) 1.5" to 1-1/8"
- 05.HEADSET SPACER 3x10mm / 1x5mm / 1 x 2.5mm
- 06.GRIPS SDG Stage 1 lock on
- 07.HANDLE BAR Norco 20 mm rise 6061 760/780mm, 35mm bar bore
- 08.STEM Alloy 6061 w/35mm bar bore, 50mm (29), 60mm (650B)
- 09.SEAT POST JD Trans X post 80mm XS, 100mm S, 125mm M, 150mm L/XL, 31.6mm
- 10.SEAT POST CLAMP Norco Alloy Nutted Clamp
- 11.SADDLE SDG Duster Mtn
- 12.FRONT BRAKE Shimano Deore 6000 w/180mm rotor
- 13.REAR BRAKE Shimano Deore 6000 w/160mm rotor
- 14.BRAKE LEVERS Shimano Deore 6000
- 15.SHIFTER FRONT -
- 16.SHIFTER REAR Shimano XT SL-M8000 11 speed
- 17.FRONT DERAILLEUR -
- 18.REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XT M-8000 Shadow Plus 11 sp
- 19.CASSETTE Shimano SLX M-7000 11-46T
- 20.CHAIN KMC 11 speed
- 21.CRANKSET Race Face Aeffect w/ steel 30T (29), 32T (650B)
- 22.BOTTOM BRACKET Race Face BB for 73mm threaded BB shell
- 23.CHAIN TENSIONER -
- 24.PEDALS -
- 25.FRONT HUB Shimano Deore boost 110x15
- 26.FRONT HUB SKEWER Comes with fork
- 27.REAR HUB Shimano Deore boost rear hub
- 28.REAR HUB SKEWER TransX 12mm TA alloy w/allen key
- 29.SPOKES/NIPPLES Stainless Steel
- 30.RIMS Race Face AR 27 w/27mm inner
- 31.FRONT TIRE Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 SnakeSkin Fld, TL easy
- 32.REAR TIRE Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 SnakeSkin Fld, TL easy
Mountain bikes are designed specifically for off road riding, with strong frames and components, knobby tyres and a large range of gears. While performing best off-road, mountain bikes are extremely versatile, and suitable for a variety of recreational and commuter purposes. Entry-level mountain bikes are more suited to bike paths, parks, and light use on unsealed surfaces. Progressing through the range, mountain bikes become more suited to longer rides, and rougher terrain, with a focus on durability and performance. A cheap mountain bike makes also makes a great all round commuting option. Mountain bikes can be either hardtail (front suspension only), or dual suspension (suspension in front and rear). Carbon fibre frames achieve a huge advance in performance, as the material is extremely strong, light, and stiff, achieving maximum power transfer from rider to bike.
Mountain bikes can be used for many types of riding, from riding around town to endurance off-road racing. Mountain bikes now come in 3 wheel sizes: 26 inch; 27.5 (also called 650B); and 29 inch. Generally speaking, the smaller 26 inch wheel size offers a more responsive, agile ride. The larger 29 inch wheel size has the advantage of reduced rolling resistance over rough Australian terrain, which provides easier clearance of obstacles, and general comfort over the trail. The bigger wheels also offer more tread connected with the surface, helping to increase traction. 27.5 offers the ultimate versatility - the agility and handling of traditional 26 inch wheels, with the reduced rolling resistance and improved traction and stability of a 29er.
Womens mountain bikes are designed specifically for female riders. Generally this involves a lower top tube and standover height, which makes it easier to dismount as well as plant your feet on the ground when extra balance is required. They also features womens specfiic saddles and braking and gear set ups more suited to smaller hands.
Norco has been a part of the bike industry for over 50 years. Much has changed but their reason for being remains the same – they are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and that passion is the foundation of everything they do. Bert Lewis founded Norco Bicycles in 1964 with a simple vision: build better bikes. From humble beginnings operating out of a converted chicken coop the company has grown into a global brand delivering more than 125 different models to cyclists worldwide. Norco live and breathe their promise to listen, innovate and ride, and they are eager to continue delivering to you the very best ride experiences possible. Thanks for joining Norco’s ride, and for inviting us to come along on yours.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Price Protection Guarantee: The lowest price for 30 days *
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Hardtail Mountain Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.