Norco Optic A3 27.5 Mountain Bike (2018)
5% Best Price Guarantee We'll beat any price by 5%
Our 5% Best Price Guarantee is our commitment that we offer the lowest price. If you find a cheaper price, we will beat it by 5%.
- Applies to any cheaper price found on any online store in Australia, or in a physical store within Australia.
- Applies when the competitor's final price inclusive of any taxes and delivery fees.
- *Terms and conditions apply. Click here to learn more
Up to 12 months interest free
Norco Optic A.3 is an entry level full suspension trail bike. Suited to the rider who is either upgrading from an older mountain bike, or is looking to get into the sport with a bike that will last the distance.
The Optic features progressive trail geometry which has been carefully tuned across each frame size to give every rider the same optimal fit and ride quality, while A.R.T. suspension delivers both efficient climbing and lively, capable descending.
The Optic was designed from the ground up in two wheel sizes, offering the choice between the quick acceleration of 650B or the improved rollover and momentum of a 29er.To make your choice easier, Norco optimized the geometry of the 29er to share the same fit and handling characteristics of the 650B version
he Optic A3 has an entry level build kit to get you on the trails without costing the earth. It features Rockshox suspension front and rear, the Recon fork and Monarch shock give outstanding performance at a bargain price.
A Sram NX 1x11 setup keeps the drivetrain a simple affair, and Trans X dropper seat-post gives you on the fly saddle adjustments with a simple lever in place of your left hand shifter.
The Norco Optic A.3 is a capable dual suspension bike in two wheel sizes to suit rider size and personal preference, ideal for the trail rider who enjoys a lively and fun ride.
- 01.FRAME Optic Aluminum 110mm (29), 120mm (650B)
- 02.FORK Rockshox Recon RL Gold, solo air boost 120mm (29), 130mm (650B)
- 03.REAR SHOCK Rockshox Monarch R
- 04.HEADSET FSA #57B tapered internal
- 05.HEADSET SPACER 3x10mm / 1x5mm / 1 x 2.5mm
- 06.GRIPS Norco lock on grip
- 07.HANDLE BAR Norco 25mm rise 6061 DB alloy 760mm
- 08.STEM Alloy MTB stem 50mm (29), 60mm (650B)
- 09.SEAT POST JD Trans X post 80mm XS, 100mm S, 125mm M, L,XL, 31.6mm
- 10.SEAT POST CLAMP Norco Alloy Nutted Clamp
- 11.SADDLE WTB Volt
- 12.FRONT BRAKE Tektro HD-M285 Hydraulic w/180mm rotor
- 13.REAR BRAKE Tektro HD-M285 Hydraulic w/160mm rotor
- 14.BRAKE LEVERS Tektro HD-M285
- 16.SHIFTER REAR Sram NX 11 11 speed
- 18.REAR DERAILLEUR Sram NX 11
- 19.CASSETTE Sram NX 11 11-42T
- 20.CHAIN Sram 11 speed
- 21.CRANKSET SR Suntour Zeron Boost 30T (29), 32T (650B) cranks w/1X narrow/wide
- 22.BOTTOM BRACKET SR Suntour 73mm thread in
- 25.FRONT HUB Novatec 110x15 sealed bearing disc hub
- 26.FRONT HUB SKEWER axle ( comes with fork)
- 27.REAR HUB Novatec 148x12 w 5 sealed bearing
- 28.REAR HUB SKEWER TransX 12mm TA alloy w/allen key
- 29.SPOKES/NIPPLES Stainless steel
- 30.RIMS WTB STP I25, TCS 25mm inner
- 31.FRONT TIRE Maxxis Forecaster 2.35
- 32.REAR TIRE Maxxis Forecaster 2.35
|Bottom Bracket||SR Suntour 73mm thread in|
|Brake Levers||Tektro HD-M285|
|Cassette||Sram NX 11 11-42T|
|Chain||Sram 11 speed|
|Crankset||SR Suntour Zeron Boost 30T (29), 32T (650B) cranks w/1X narrow/wide|
|Derailleur Rear||Sram NX 11|
|Fork||Rockshox Recon RL Gold, solo air boost 120mm (29), 130mm (650B)|
|Frame||Optic Aluminum 110mm (29), 120mm (650B)|
|Grips||Norco lock on grip|
|Handlebar||Norco 25mm rise 6061 DB alloy 760mm|
|Headset||FSA #57B tapered internal|
|Hubs||Novatec 110x15 sealed bearing disc hub,Novatec 148x12 w 5 sealed bearing|
|Rims||WTB STP I25, TCS 25mm inner|
|Seatpost||JD Trans X post 80mm XS, 100mm S, 125mm M, L,XL, 31.6mm|
|Rear Shock||Rockshox Monarch R|
|Stem||Alloy MTB stem 50mm (29), 60mm (650B)|
|Shifters||,Sram NX 11 11 speed|
|Tyres||Maxxis Forecaster 2.35,Maxxis Forecaster 2.35|
Mountain bikes are designed specifically for off road riding, with strong frames and components, knobby tyres and a large range of gears. While performing best off-road, mountain bikes are extremely versatile, and suitable for a variety of recreational and commuter purposes. Entry-level mountain bikes are more suited to bike paths, parks, and light use on unsealed surfaces. Progressing through the range, mountain bikes become more suited to longer rides, and rougher terrain, with a focus on durability and performance. A cheap mountain bike makes also makes a great all round commuting option. Mountain bikes can be either hardtail (front suspension only), or dual suspension (suspension in front and rear). Carbon fibre frames achieve a huge advance in performance, as the material is extremely strong, light, and stiff, achieving maximum power transfer from rider to bike.
Mountain bikes can be used for many types of riding, from riding around town to endurance off-road racing. Mountain bikes now come in 3 wheel sizes: 26 inch; 27.5 (also called 650B); and 29 inch. Generally speaking, the smaller 26 inch wheel size offers a more responsive, agile ride. The larger 29 inch wheel size has the advantage of reduced rolling resistance over rough Australian terrain, which provides easier clearance of obstacles, and general comfort over the trail. The bigger wheels also offer more tread connected with the surface, helping to increase traction. 27.5 offers the ultimate versatility - the agility and handling of traditional 26 inch wheels, with the reduced rolling resistance and improved traction and stability of a 29er.
Womens mountain bikes are designed specifically for female riders. Generally this involves a lower top tube and standover height, which makes it easier to dismount as well as plant your feet on the ground when extra balance is required. They also features womens specfiic saddles and braking and gear set ups more suited to smaller hands.
Norco has been a part of the bike industry for over 50 years. Much has changed but their reason for being remains the same – they are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and that passion is the foundation of everything they do. Bert Lewis founded Norco Bicycles in 1964 with a simple vision: build better bikes. From humble beginnings operating out of a converted chicken coop the company has grown into a global brand delivering more than 125 different models to cyclists worldwide. Norco live and breathe their promise to listen, innovate and ride, and they are eager to continue delivering to you the very best ride experiences possible. Thanks for joining Norco’s ride, and for inviting us to come along on yours.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Price Protection Guarantee: The lowest price for 30 days *
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Hardtail Mountain Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.