Norco Search A 105 Adventure Bike (2018)
Up to 12 months interest free
Norco Search A 105 is an adventure or all conditions road bike. The Search is ideal for weekend warriors, commuters, and gravel grinders. Well suited riders of all abilities looking for something reliable and comfortable without sacrificing efficiency. The Norco Search is based around a lightweight alloy frame designed to provide a more upright riding position, ensuring comfort and stability for all levels of riders.
Disc brakes are ideal on gravel bikes and commuters as they are unaffected by weather conditions or how much dirt you get on your rims, they provide simple and effective stopping power whatever the road throws at you. Search 105, so called as it comes equipped with Shimano 105 groupset. It is the benchmark when looking at price versus performance. A two-by-eleven setup gives the rider a wide range of gears, as well as small jumps between them. This translates to be able to maintain a smooth, easy cadence even on the longest days in the saddle.
Shimano’s reliability is legendary so can rely on this bike to get you home, wherever the road takes you. The bike comes equipped with 32mm tyres to provide and comfortable ride with plenty of grip across a variety of surfaces. The Norco Search A 105 is an adventure road bike, perfect as a first road bike or all weather commuter and quite capable of gravel duties as well. The ideal bike for the rider who enjoys the drop bar style but wants to explore where a conventional bike can’t go.
The versatile Search Aluminum blends all-road capability and long-distance comfort in a sleek, affordable package. A premium aluminum frame with Endurance geometry, vibration-damping ARC Endurance design and clearance for up to a 35c tire provide smooth, confident handling over a variety of terrain. Wherever your path leads – and whatever it is made of – Search it out and ride it.
Road Disc Brakes
Norco Bicycle Designer Terry Brown explains why disc brakes on road bikes are the future. They offer the rider better control, modulation and lever feedback, resulting in a more confident ride.
The proprietary Flip Dropout features a sturdy Flip chip that provides added versatility when required. Engaged, the Flip chip offers an additional mounting point for fenders or racks; this mounting point is on a different plane for maximum compatibility. Retracted, the Flip chip remains hidden and out of the way.
Our GIZMO internal cable routing system keeps out water and debris, prevents any rattling, and allows for easy setup and maintenance.
- 01.FRAME Search X6 Double Butted Aluminum
- 02.FORK Search Carbon
- 03.HEADSET Angular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered
- 04.HEADSET SPACER 2x10mm / 1x5mm Alloy w/Norco logo
- 05.GRIPS Norco Super Griptacular w/Gel - Black
- 06.HANDLE BAR Norco Flare - Black
- 07.STEM Norco SL Alloy - Black
- 08.SEAT POST Norco SL Composite 27.2mm - UD Carbon
- 09.SEAT POST CLAMP Alloy 31.8mm - Black
- 10.SADDLE Norco SL Race w/Chromo Rails - Black
- 11.FRONT BRAKE Shimano BR-RS785 Hydraulic Disc w/160mm rotor
- 12.REAR BRAKE Shimano BR-RS505 Hydraulic Disc w/160mm rotor
- 13.BRAKE LEVERS Shimano SL-RS505 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- 14.SHIFTER FRONT Shimano SL-RS505 2spd w/Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- 15.SHIFTER REAR Shimano SL-RS505 11spd w/Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- 16.FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 FD-5801 11spd
- 17.REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano 105 RD-5800-GS 11spd
- 18.CASSETTE Shimano 105 CS-5800 11spd 11-32T
- 19.CHAIN KMC X11
- 20.CRANKSET Praxis Alba 48/32T
- 21.BOTTOM BRACKET Praxis M30
- 22.PEDALS -
- 23.FRONT HUB Alloy 15x100mm Thru-Axle 28h - Black
- 24.FRONT HUB SKEWER Norco Tooled Thru-Axle
- 25.REAR HUB Alloy 10x135mm 28h - Black
- 26.REAR HUB SKEWER Bolted skewer
- 27.SPOKES/NIPPLES Black Stainless w/Brass Nipple
- 28.RIMS WTB SX19 - Black
- 29.FRONT TYRE Clement Strada USH 32c - Folding
- 30.REAR TYRE Clement Strada USH 32c - Folding
|Bottom Bracket||Praxis M30|
|Brake Levers||Shimano SL-RS505 Hydraulic Disc Brakes|
|Cassette||Shimano 105 CS-5800 11spd 11-32T|
|Crankset||Praxis Alba 48/32T|
|Derailleur Front||Shimano 105 FD-5801 11spd|
|Derailleur Rear||Shimano 105 RD-5800-GS 11spd|
|Frame||Search X6 Double Butted Aluminum|
|Grips||Norco Super Griptacular w/Gel - Black|
|Handlebar||Norco Flare - Black|
|Headset||Angular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered|
|Hubs||Alloy 15x100mm Thru-Axle 28h - Black,Alloy 10x135mm 28h - Black|
|Rims||WTB SX19 - Black|
|Saddle||Norco SL Race w/Chromo Rails - Black|
|Seatpost||Norco SL Composite 27.2mm - UD Carbon|
|Stem||Norco SL Alloy - Black|
|Spokes||Black Stainless w/Brass Nipple|
|Shifters||Shimano SL-RS505 2spd w/Hydraulic Disc Brakes,Shimano SL-RS505 11spd w/Hydraulic Disc Brakes|
|Tyres||Clement Strada USH 32c - Folding,Clement Strada USH 32c - Folding|
Adventure road bikes look similar to traditional drop-bar road bikes, but are designed to perform just as well on unsealed surfaces and trails. The main differences are typically knobbed, off-road tyres; strong wheelsets; and braking systems that allow for better clearance of mud and debris. Due to their robust nature, adventure road bikes have risen to popularity with commuters, as they offer an efficient, all weather option for riding to work. The road bike style riding position makes them fast and efficient for longer, on-road rides. The off-road tyres gives superior traction in poor weather, or varied surfaces such as loose gravel roads. Likewise, the addition of disc brakes improves stopping power on wet days.
Adventure road bikes are very similar to cyclo cross bikes, however cyclo cross bikes are designed specifically for cyclo cross racing. Typically this means race specced components and more aggressive frame geometries.
Norco has been a part of the bike industry for over 50 years. Much has changed but their reason for being remains the same – they are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and that passion is the foundation of everything they do. Bert Lewis founded Norco Bicycles in 1964 with a simple vision: build better bikes. From humble beginnings operating out of a converted chicken coop the company has grown into a global brand delivering more than 125 different models to cyclists worldwide. Norco live and breathe their promise to listen, innovate and ride, and they are eager to continue delivering to you the very best ride experiences possible. Thanks for joining Norco’s ride, and for inviting us to come along on yours.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
- Access to exclusive guarantees
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Norco Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.