Norco Search A Sora Adventure Bike (2018)
Up to 12 months interest free
Norco Search A Sora is an adventure or all conditions road bike. The Search is ideal for weekend warriors, commuters, and gravel grinders. Well suited riders of all abilities looking for something reliable and comfortable without sacrificing efficiency.
The Norco Search is based around a lightweight alloy frame designed to provide a more upright riding position, ensuring comfort and stability for all levels of riders.
Disc brakes are ideal on gravel bikes and commuters as they are unaffected by weather conditions or how much dirt you get on your rims, they provide simple and effective stopping power whatever the road throws at you.
The bike comes equipped with 32mm tyres to provide and comfortable ride with plenty of grip across a variety of surfaces.
The Norco Search A Sora is adventure road bike, perfect as a first road bike or all weather commuter and quite capable of gravel duties as well. The ideal bike for the rider who enjoys the drop bar style but wants to explore where a conventional bike can’t go.
The versatile Search Aluminum blends all-road capability and long-distance comfort in a sleek, affordable package. A premium aluminum frame with Endurance geometry, vibration-damping ARC Endurance design and clearance for up to a 35c tire provide smooth, confident handling over a variety of terrain. Wherever your path leads – and whatever it is made of – Search it out and ride it.
- 01.FRAME Search X6 Double Butted Aluminum
- 02.FORK Search Airformed Alloy
- 03.HEADSET Angular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered
- 04.HEADSET SPACER 2x10mm / 1x5mm Alloy w/Norco logo
- 05.GRIPS Norco UltraComfort - Black
- 06.HANDLE BAR Norco Flare - Black
- 07.STEM Norco SL Alloy - Black
- 08.SEAT POST Norco 27.2mm - Black Stealth
- 09.SEAT POST CLAMP Alloy 31.8mm - Black
- 10.SADDLE Norco Sport - Black
- 11.FRONT BRAKE Tektro MD-510 Mechanical Disc - 160mm
- 12.REAR BRAKE Tektro MD-510 Mechanical Disc - 160mm
- 13.BRAKE LEVERS Shimano Sora ST-R3000
- 14.SHIFTER FRONT Shimano Sora ST-R3000 2spd
- 15.SHIFTER REAR Shimano Sora ST-R3000 9spd
- 16.FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Sora FD-R3000
- 17.REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Sora RD-R3000-GS
- 18.CASSETTE Shimano CS-HG200 11-32T 9spd
- 19.CHAIN KMC X9
- 20.CRANKSET FSA Omega Adventure 48/32T - Black
- 21.BOTTOM BRACKET FSA MegaExo BB-4000
- 22.PEDALS -
- 23.FRONT HUB Alloy hub - Black
- 24.FRONT HUB SKEWER Bolted skewer
- 25.REAR HUB Alloy cassette hub - Black
- 26.REAR HUB SKEWER Bolted skewer
- 27.SPOKES/NIPPLES Black Stainless w/Brass Nipple
- 28.RIMS WTB SX19 - Black
- 29.FRONT TYRE Schwalbe Delta Cruiser32c w/K-Guard and Reflex
- 30.REAR TYRE Schwalbe Delta Cruiser32c w/K-Guard and Reflex
|Bottom Bracket||FSA MegaExo BB-4000|
|Brake Levers||Shimano Sora ST-R3000|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-HG200 11-32T 9spd|
|Crankset||FSA Omega Adventure 48/32T - Black|
|Derailleur Front||Shimano Sora FD-R3000|
|Derailleur Rear||Shimano Sora RD-R3000-GS|
|Fork||Search Airformed Alloy|
|Frame||Search X6 Double Butted Aluminum|
|Grips||Norco UltraComfort - Black|
|Handlebar||Norco Flare - Black|
|Headset||Angular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered|
|Hubs||Alloy hub - Black,Alloy cassette hub - Black|
|Rims||WTB SX19 - Black|
|Saddle||Norco Sport - Black|
|Seatpost||Norco 27.2mm - Black Stealth|
|Stem||Norco SL Alloy - Black|
|Spokes||Black Stainless w/Brass Nipple|
|Shifters||Shimano Sora ST-R3000 2spd,Shimano Sora ST-R3000 9spd|
|Tyres||Schwalbe Delta Cruiser32c w/K-Guard and Reflex,Schwalbe Delta Cruiser32c w/K-Guard and Reflex|
Adventure road bikes look similar to traditional drop-bar road bikes, but are designed to perform just as well on unsealed surfaces and trails. The main differences are typically knobbed, off-road tyres; strong wheelsets; and braking systems that allow for better clearance of mud and debris. Due to their robust nature, adventure road bikes have risen to popularity with commuters, as they offer an efficient, all weather option for riding to work. The road bike style riding position makes them fast and efficient for longer, on-road rides. The off-road tyres gives superior traction in poor weather, or varied surfaces such as loose gravel roads. Likewise, the addition of disc brakes improves stopping power on wet days.
Adventure road bikes are very similar to cyclo cross bikes, however cyclo cross bikes are designed specifically for cyclo cross racing. Typically this means race specced components and more aggressive frame geometries.
Norco has been a part of the bike industry for over 50 years. Much has changed but their reason for being remains the same – they are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and that passion is the foundation of everything they do. Bert Lewis founded Norco Bicycles in 1964 with a simple vision: build better bikes. From humble beginnings operating out of a converted chicken coop the company has grown into a global brand delivering more than 125 different models to cyclists worldwide. Norco live and breathe their promise to listen, innovate and ride, and they are eager to continue delivering to you the very best ride experiences possible. Thanks for joining Norco’s ride, and for inviting us to come along on yours.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
- Access to exclusive guarantees
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Norco Adventure Road Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.