Norco Storm 3 ST Womens Mountain Bike (2018)
Up to 12 months interest free
THERE?S A REASON WE CALL THEM THE GREAT OUTDOORS. THERE IS NO LIMIT TO THE POSSIBILITIES OUT HERE. IF YOU CAN STILL HEAR TRAFFIC SOUNDS, KEEP ON PEDALING UNTIL THEY FADE AWAY?
Norco Storm 3 is an entry level hardtail mountain bike, great for riding around streets and parks, as well as light trail use. It is ideal for the younger rider, and would make a fantastic first full sized bike. Featuring a lightweight aluminium frame designed with a low standover height, making the bike easy to ride as well as easier to pull in and out of the car. The relaxed geometry of the bike gives it a comfortable and upright riding position.The Shimano 24 speed drivetrain will provide smooth shifting on the streets or trail, and a wide range of gears for efficient riding.
Tektro mechanical disc brakes take care of the stopping duties. Disc brakes provide significant advantages over standard rims brakes; they are not affected by the condition of the rims so they provide consistent and powerful braking in all conditions.
The Norco Storm 3 is a great value entry-level mountain bike, perfect for tearing up the streets, getting to school, or getting your first taste of riding off-road.
Designed with the recreational rider in mind, the Storm is a hardtail mountain bike for the masses. Available in 650B or 29? wheels, the Storm is the perfect ride for exploring new trails with family and friends. Take a spin on one and feel the difference: reliable braking, smooth, crisp shifting, and responsive handling - all in a lightweight design that will help you get the most from your ride, every time. The Storm makes it easy to find your next adventure.
NORCO STORM ALUMINUM FRAME:
Custom-formed 6061 aluminum with double-butted top tube, engineered to deliver strength and stiffness in a lightweight design.
650B AND 29? WHEELS:
Maneuverable, smooth-rolling wheels that accelerate quickly and enhance your riding performance and experience.
100MM TRAVEL FORKS:
Soaks up trail bumps, reduces chatter and enhances rider comfort and control over long rides.
Efficient and durable, Shimano drivetrains deliver reliable performance ride after ride.
Exceptional stopping power and controlled modulation in all weather conditions, enabling riders to apply the exact amount of stopping power required.
- 01.FRAME Storm 6061 Alloy XC Frame
- 02.FORK Suntour XCT 100mm 29"
- 03.REAR SHOCK -
- 04.HEADSET Zero Stack Headset
- 05.HEADSET SPACER 2x10mm - Black
- 06.GRIPS Norco Grip
- 07.HANDLE BAR X6 Alloy 720mm x 31.8
- 08.STEM Alloy 80mm/70mm x 31.8
- 09.SEAT POST Norco Alloy 31.6
- 10.SEAT POST CLAMP Norco Alloy QR
- 11.SADDLE Norco XC Saddle
- 12.FRONT BRAKE Tektro MD-280 160mm Mech Disc
- 13.REAR BRAKE Tektro MD-280 160mm Mech Disc
- 14.BRAKE LEVERS Tektro Alloy
- 15.SHIFTER FRONT Shimano Easy-Fire 500 3spd
- 16.SHIFTER REAR Shimano Easy-Fire 500 8spd
- 17.FRONT DERAILLEUR Shimano Tourney FD-TX50 3spd
- 18.REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Tourney RD-TX800 8spd
- 19.CASSETTE Sun Race CSM55 8spd 11/34
- 20.CHAIN KMC Z7 8spd
- 21.CRANKSET Shimano TY301 42/34/24
- 22.BOTTOM BRACKET Cartridge BB
- 23.CHAIN TENSIONER -
- 24.PEDALS Steel Cage Pedal
- 25.FRONT HUB Joytech D041DSE Alloy Disc QR
- 26.FRONT HUB SKEWER Alloy QR
- 27.REAR HUB Joytech D142TSE Alloy Disc QR
- 28.REAR HUB SKEWER Alloy QR
- 29.SPOKES/NIPPLES Stainless Steel 14g - Black
- 30.RIMS WTB SX19 29"/27.5" DW Rims
- 31.FRONT TYRE WTB Nineline 29 x 2.25/Beeline 27.5" x 2.25
- 32.REAR TYRE Same as Front
Mountain bikes are designed specifically for off road riding, with strong frames and components, knobby tyres and a large range of gears. While performing best off-road, mountain bikes are extremely versatile, and suitable for a variety of recreational and commuter purposes. Entry-level mountain bikes are more suited to bike paths, parks, and light use on unsealed surfaces. Progressing through the range, mountain bikes become more suited to longer rides, and rougher terrain, with a focus on durability and performance. A cheap mountain bike makes also makes a great all round commuting option. Mountain bikes can be either hardtail (front suspension only), or dual suspension (suspension in front and rear). Carbon fibre frames achieve a huge advance in performance, as the material is extremely strong, light, and stiff, achieving maximum power transfer from rider to bike.
Mountain bikes can be used for many types of riding, from riding around town to endurance off-road racing. Mountain bikes now come in 3 wheel sizes: 26 inch; 27.5 (also called 650B); and 29 inch. Generally speaking, the smaller 26 inch wheel size offers a more responsive, agile ride. The larger 29 inch wheel size has the advantage of reduced rolling resistance over rough Australian terrain, which provides easier clearance of obstacles, and general comfort over the trail. The bigger wheels also offer more tread connected with the surface, helping to increase traction. 27.5 offers the ultimate versatility - the agility and handling of traditional 26 inch wheels, with the reduced rolling resistance and improved traction and stability of a 29er.
Womens mountain bikes are designed specifically for female riders. Generally this involves a lower top tube and standover height, which makes it easier to dismount as well as plant your feet on the ground when extra balance is required. They also features womens specfiic saddles and braking and gear set ups more suited to smaller hands.
Norco has been a part of the bike industry for over 50 years. Much has changed but their reason for being remains the same – they are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and that passion is the foundation of everything they do. Bert Lewis founded Norco Bicycles in 1964 with a simple vision: build better bikes. From humble beginnings operating out of a converted chicken coop the company has grown into a global brand delivering more than 125 different models to cyclists worldwide. Norco live and breathe their promise to listen, innovate and ride, and they are eager to continue delivering to you the very best ride experiences possible. Thanks for joining Norco’s ride, and for inviting us to come along on yours.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Price Protection Guarantee: The lowest price for 30 days *
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Hardtail Mountain Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.
- Front Wire Basket White (for Pedal Uptown)Now $29.00 RRP $39.99 SAVE $10.99
- Mongoose Legion L18 18" Vivid Blue (2017)Now $249.00 RRP $289.00 SAVE $40.00
- Mongoose Legion L16 16 Inch [Midnight Blue] (2017)Now $251.00 RRP $259.00 SAVE $8.00
- Mongoose Legion LXS White (2017)Now $270.00 RRP $279.00 SAVE $9.00
- Mongoose Legion LXS 20" Black (2017)Now $270.00 RRP $279.00 SAVE $9.00