Norco Threshold C Rival Cyclocross Bike (2018)
5% Best Price Guarantee We'll beat any price by 5%*
Our 5% Best Price Guarantee is our commitment that we offer the lowest price. If you find a cheaper price, we will beat it by 5%.
- Applies to any cheaper price found on any online store in Australia, or in a physical store within Australia.
- Applies when the competitor's final price inclusive of any taxes and delivery fees.
- *Excludes Garmin, other exclusions apply learn more here.
Up to 12 months interest free
Norco Threshold C Rival is a bike designed for cyclocross racing but would also be at home as an urban commuter or gravel bike. Ideal for the rider that is looking for the drop bar riding position but wants to explore places a conventional road bike can get to.
With race-proven geometry and ARC technology in a lightweight frame, the Threshold Carbon delivers podium-seeking speed along with all the versatility you expect from a cross machine. The ARC design of the frame gives good vertical compliance for a smoother and more comfortable ride.
The Sram Rival 1 drivetrain is setup for CX but also gives the right range of gears for most people urban commute. The hydraulic brakes provide exceptional stopping power in all conditions, whether it be the mud of the race track or the grime of the daily grind.
The Threshold comes equipped with tyres meant for off road use, but there is enough clearance in the frame to accommodate a wide range of tyre sizes and treads to suit most riders requirements.
The Norco Threshold C Rival is a race ready cyclocross bike with a few more tricks up its sleeve. An ideal bike to get you to the podium, or just to rip up the urban commute with confidence to ride wherever you want, when you want.
Developed amid the rugged landscape and abundant precipitation of Canada’s Pacific Coast, the new Threshold Carbon revels in the muddy mayhem of cyclocross. With race-proven geometry and ARC technology in a lightweight frame, the Threshold Carbon delivers podium-seeking speed along with all the versatility you expect from a ’cross machine.
Road Disc Brakes
Norco Bicycle Designer Terry Brown explains why disc brakes on road bikes are the future. They offer the rider better control, modulation and lever feedback, resulting in a more confident ride.
Applied Road Compliance (ARC) technology optimizes the vertical compliance to lateral rigidity ratio for race and endurance applications. ARC Race seat stays are slender and feature a less pronounced bow shape that still delivers effective road vibration dampening. Chain stays are broad and extremely stiff to deliver maximum pedaling efficiency, and they are engineered to be slightly shorter to deliver a highly responsive ride experience.
The Power Chassis is a complete pedaling platform designed to convert energy from a rider's whole body into forward momentum. A tapered head tube, an oversized hydroformed down tube, an oversized super-stiff bottom bracket shell, and an especially broad set of chain stays, conduct energy directly from cranks through to the back wheel where they are converted into forward thrust.
Size Scaled Tubing
By increasing tube profile dimensions in proportion with frame size, Norco engineers are able to calibrate frame stiffness to the weight of the prospective rider. This ensures that a heavier rider on an extra large frame will experience the same ride characteristics as a lighter rider on a small frame.
Norco's SmoothCore process enables us to maintain precision control over all of the inner surfaces of our carbon frames, which is particularly critical at complicated, high-stress areas like the head tube and bottom bracket junctions. At the heart of SmoothCore is our innovative mandrel system.
Norco's carbon frames are manufactured with only the highest quality materials, right down to the resin we use to hold everything together. Our superior quality ArmorLite resin produces an exceptionally strong bond that enhances frame strength and increases impact resistance.
Our GIZMO internal cable routing system keeps out water and debris, prevents any rattling, and allows for easy setup and maintenance.
- 01.FRAME Threshold Carbon
- 02.FORK Threshold Carbon
- 03.HEADSET Angular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered
- 04.HEADSET SPACER 2x10mm / 1x5mm Alloy w/Norco logo
- 05.GRIPS Norco Super Griptacular w/Si Gel - Black
- 06.HANDLE BAR Norco Flare - Black
- 07.STEM Norco SL Alloy - Black
- 08.SEAT POST Norco SL Composite 27.2mm - UD Carbon
- 09.SEAT POST CLAMP Norco IRA w/Das Boot Technology - Black
- 10.SADDLE Norco Race w/Chromo Rails- Black
- 11.FRONT BRAKE Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc w/160mm Rotor
- 12.REAR BRAKE Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc w/140mm Rotor
- 13.BRAKE LEVERS Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc
- 14.SHIFTER FRONT Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc Brake
- 15.SHIFTER REAR Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc Brake/11s Shifter
- 16.FRONT DERAILLEUR Norco Integrated 1x Guide
- 17.REAR DERAILLEUR Sram Rival 1 Medium Cage
- 18.CASSETTE Sram PG1130 11-32T
- 19.CHAIN Sram PC-1110
- 20.CRANKSET Quarq Prime Alloy 40T Black - Power Ready
- 21.BOTTOM BRACKET Enduro GXP Pressfit86
- 22.PEDALS -
- 23.FRONT HUB A-Class CXD4 Sealed Bearing - 12x100mm TA
- 24.FRONT HUB SKEWER DT Swiss RWS Thru-Axle 12mm
- 25.REAR HUB A-Class CXD4 Sealed Bearing - 12x142mm TA
- 26.REAR HUB SKEWER DT Swiss RWS Thru-Axle 12mm
- 27.SPOKES/NIPPLES Alex Stainless Black
- 28.RIMS A-Class CXD4 - Tubeless Ready Design
- 29.FRONT TYRE Clement Crusade MXP 700 x 33c - Folding / Tubeless Ready
- 30.REAR TYRE Clement Crusade MXP 700 x 33c - Folding / Tubeless Ready
|Bottom Bracket||Enduro GXP Pressfit86|
|Brakes||Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc Brake|
|Brake Levers||Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc|
|Cassette||Sram PG1130 11-32T|
|Crankset||Quarq Prime Alloy 40T Black - Power Ready|
|Derailleur Front||Norco Integrated 1x Guide|
|Derailleur Rear||Sram Rival 1 Medium Cage|
|Grips||Norco Super Griptacular w/Si Gel - Black|
|Handlebar||Norco Flare - Black|
|Headset||Angular Sealed Cartridge Bearings - Tapered|
|Hubs||A-Class CXD4 Sealed Bearing - 12x100mm TA,A-Class CXD4 Sealed Bearing - 12x142mm TA|
|Rims||A-Class CXD4 - Tubeless Ready Design|
|Saddle||Norco Race w/Chromo Rails- Black|
|Seatpost||Norco SL Composite 27.2mm - UD Carbon|
|Stem||Norco SL Alloy - Black|
|Spokes||Alex Stainless Black|
|Shifters||Sram Rival 1 Hydraulic Disc Brake/11s Shifter|
|Tyres||Clement Crusade MXP 700 x 33c - Folding / Tubeless Ready,Clement Crusade MXP 700 x 33c - Folding / Tubeless Ready|
Adventure road bikes look similar to traditional drop-bar road bikes, but are designed to perform just as well on unsealed surfaces and trails. The main differences are typically knobbed, off-road tyres; strong wheelsets; and braking systems that allow for better clearance of mud and debris. Due to their robust nature, adventure road bikes have risen to popularity with commuters, as they offer an efficient, all weather option for riding to work. The road bike style riding position makes them fast and efficient for longer, on-road rides. The off-road tyres gives superior traction in poor weather, or varied surfaces such as loose gravel roads. Likewise, the addition of disc brakes improves stopping power on wet days.
Adventure road bikes are very similar to cyclo cross bikes, however cyclo cross bikes are designed specifically for cyclo cross racing. Typically this means race specced components and more aggressive frame geometries.
Norco has been a part of the bike industry for over 50 years. Much has changed but their reason for being remains the same – they are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and that passion is the foundation of everything they do. Bert Lewis founded Norco Bicycles in 1964 with a simple vision: build better bikes. From humble beginnings operating out of a converted chicken coop the company has grown into a global brand delivering more than 125 different models to cyclists worldwide. Norco live and breathe their promise to listen, innovate and ride, and they are eager to continue delivering to you the very best ride experiences possible. Thanks for joining Norco’s ride, and for inviting us to come along on yours.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
- Access to exclusive guarantees
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Cyclocross Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.