Norco VLT R2 Electric Hybrid Bike (2018)
Up to 12 months interest free
The all-new Norco VLT opens up a world of possibilities. Go farther, get there faster, or simply rediscover the joy of cycling as the intuitive and reliable Bosch e-bike system provides just the right amount of pedal assistance in any situation.
'E' IS FOR EXCITEMENT!
Why is Norco so excited about electric bicycles? Because we are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and e-bikes have the power - literally - to get more people riding.
'E' IS FOR EXPERTISE
We've been in the bike business for over 50 years, and in that time we've learned a thing or two about bike geometry, handling, fit, and comfort. We believe these qualities are every bit as important when you go electric, which is why we partnered with Bosch - the leading maker of e-bike systems - to develop bikes that deliver the best possible ride quality and performance. The Noco VLT is the result of our combined industry expertise - every detail has been considered, freeing you to enjoy the ride. For added peace of mind, every VLT is backed by a limited lifetime frame warranty* and the support of our extensive dealer network.
- Mid-motor placement centres the weight for the best possible balance and handling.
- Placement of the battery on the downtube of the frame improves handling by locating it near the bike’s centre of gravity.
- Bosch PowerPack 500/400 battery features the efficiency and long-lasting power of lithium-ion technology, removes easily for optional charging off the bike, and includes an ABUS lock to keep it secure.
- View your speed, distance, riding time and the current range on the Intuvia display. Easy and safe to use, with a separate control unit so you can change riding modes without removing your hands from the handlebars.
- Hydraulic disc brakes with 180mm rotors provide unmatched stopping power for more rider confidence in all conditions
- Internal cable routing provides a clean look and eliminates cable rattle for a quiet ride
- Compatible with front and rear lights for visibility and fenders to keep you clean and dry on wet roads.
- E-Bike rated tires with puncture-proof casings help ensure you keep rolling.
- Lock-on grips eliminate the chances of the grips loosening with use.
- 01.FRAME Urban Bosch E aluminum frame
- 02.FORK Carbon E-City Fork, 15mm through hole dropout
- 03.HEADSET FSA #NO42 1.5" to 1-1/8"
- 04.HEADSET SPACER 3x10mm Alloy / 1x5mm Alloy w/Norco logo
- 05.GRIPS Norco single side comfort lock on grips D3 with micro tech
- 06.HANDLE BAR Norco 6061 aluminum rise bar 31.8mm , 15mm rise
- 07.STEM Norco SL Alloy 90mm - Black
- 08.SEAT POST Norco Alloy 27.2mm - Black Stealth
- 09.SEAT POST CLAMP Alloy Quick Release
- 10.SADDLE Norco Urban w/Reflective
- 11.FRONT & REAR BRAKE Tektro HDM-285 hydraulic disc w/180mm rotor
- 12.BRAKE LEVERS Tektro HDM-285 brake levers - black
- 13.SHIFTER REAR Shimano Altus SL-M2000 9spd
- 14.REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano Altus RD-M2000
- 15.CASSETTE Shimano CS-HG201 11-36T 9spd
- 16.CHAIN KMC X9 9spd
- 17.CRANKSET FSA Dyna Drive E-Bike crank for Bosch
- 18.BOTTOM BRACKET Bosch compatible FSA sprocket 18T stainless steel
- 19.CHAINGUARD Hermans B-Slyde Plastic guard
- 20.PEDALS VP Flat BMX style pedal
- 21.FRONT HUB Novatec 15mm through hole hub 15x100 w/sealed bearing
- 22.FRONT HUB SKEWER Comes with Fork
- 23.REAR HUB Novatec 142x12 cassette w/sealed bearing
- 24.REAR HUB SKEWER JD TransX 12mm Through Axle alloy w/allen key
- 25.SPOKES/NIPPLES Sapim stainless steel - black
- 26.RIMS Alex FR30 Double wall aluminum 700C - black 23mm inner
- 27.FRONT & REAR TYRE Schwalbe Delta Cruiser Plus 47-622 Reflective Sidewall 3M guard
- 28.MOTOR Bosch Active & Bosch Intuvia display
- 29.BATTERY Power Pack 400 (400 Watt)
- 30.KICKSTAND Massload CL KA81
- 31.FENDERS Sunny Wheel PC front and rear full coverage
|Bottom Bracket||Bosch compatible FSA sprocket 18T stainless steel|
|Brake Levers||Tektro HDM-285 brake levers - black|
|Cassette||Shimano CS-HG201 11-36T 9spd|
|Chain||KMC X9 9spd|
|Crankset||FSA Dyna Drive E-Bike crank for Bosch|
|Derailleur Rear||Shimano Altus RD-M2000|
|Fork||Carbon E-City Fork, 15mm through hole dropout|
|Frame||Urban Bosch E aluminum frame|
|Grips||Norco single side comfort lock on grips D3 with micro tech|
|Handlebar||Norco 6061 aluminum rise bar 31.8mm , 15mm rise|
|Headset||FSA #NO42 1.5" to 1-1/8"|
|Hubs||Novatec 15mm through hole hub 15x100 w/sealed bearing,Novatec 142x12 cassette w/sealed bearing|
|Pedals||VP Flat BMX style pedal|
|Rims||Alex FR30 Double wall aluminum 700C - black 23mm inner|
|Saddle||Norco Urban w/Reflective|
|Seatpost||Norco Alloy 27.2mm - Black Stealth|
|Stem||Norco SL Alloy 90mm - Black|
|Spokes||Sapim stainless steel - black|
|Shifters||,Shimano Altus SL-M2000 9spd|
|Tyres||Schwalbe Delta Cruiser Plus 47-622 Reflective Sidewall 3M guard,Schwalbe Delta Cruiser Plus 47-622 Reflective Sidewall 3M guard|
Mountain bikes are designed specifically for off road riding, with strong frames and components, knobby tyres and a large range of gears. While performing best off-road, mountain bikes are extremely versatile, and suitable for a variety of recreational and commuter purposes. Entry-level mountain bikes are more suited to bike paths, parks, and light use on unsealed surfaces. Progressing through the range, mountain bikes become more suited to longer rides, and rougher terrain, with a focus on durability and performance. A cheap mountain bike makes also makes a great all round commuting option. Mountain bikes can be either hardtail (front suspension only), or dual suspension (suspension in front and rear). Carbon fibre frames achieve a huge advance in performance, as the material is extremely strong, light, and stiff, achieving maximum power transfer from rider to bike.
Mountain bikes can be used for many types of riding, from riding around town to endurance off-road racing. Mountain bikes now come in 3 wheel sizes: 26 inch; 27.5 (also called 650B); and 29 inch. Generally speaking, the smaller 26 inch wheel size offers a more responsive, agile ride. The larger 29 inch wheel size has the advantage of reduced rolling resistance over rough Australian terrain, which provides easier clearance of obstacles, and general comfort over the trail. The bigger wheels also offer more tread connected with the surface, helping to increase traction. 27.5 offers the ultimate versatility - the agility and handling of traditional 26 inch wheels, with the reduced rolling resistance and improved traction and stability of a 29er.
Womens mountain bikes are designed specifically for female riders. Generally this involves a lower top tube and standover height, which makes it easier to dismount as well as plant your feet on the ground when extra balance is required. They also features womens specfiic saddles and braking and gear set ups more suited to smaller hands.
Norco has been a part of the bike industry for over 50 years. Much has changed but their reason for being remains the same – they are driven by a genuine passion for cycling in all its forms, and that passion is the foundation of everything they do. Bert Lewis founded Norco Bicycles in 1964 with a simple vision: build better bikes. From humble beginnings operating out of a converted chicken coop the company has grown into a global brand delivering more than 125 different models to cyclists worldwide. Norco live and breathe their promise to listen, innovate and ride, and they are eager to continue delivering to you the very best ride experiences possible. Thanks for joining Norco’s ride, and for inviting us to come along on yours.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Price Protection Guarantee: The lowest price for 30 days *
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Hybrid Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.
- Mongoose Legion LXS White (2017)Now $270.00 RRP $279.00 SAVE $9.00
- Mongoose Legion L18 18" Vivid Blue (2017)Now $249.00 RRP $289.00 SAVE $40.00
- Mongoose Legion L16 16 Inch [Midnight Blue] (2017)Now $251.00 RRP $259.00 SAVE $8.00
- Mongoose Legion LXS 20" Black (2017)Now $270.00 RRP $279.00 SAVE $9.00
- Bike Pedal Steeler 18inch BlueNow $299.00 RRP $369.00 SAVE $70.00