- Merida Matts J24 Boys Bike Dark Blue/Red/Blue (2021)$459.99 $446.00 $401.40
- Merida Matts J24 Girls Bike Pink Barbie Blue/Grey (2021)$459.99 $446.00 $401.40
- Merida Matts J24 Lite Girls Bike Anthracite/Pink (2021)$499.99 $485.00 $436.50
- Merida Matts J24 Lite Boys Bike Matt Black/Green/White (2021)$499.99 $485.00 $436.50
- Mongoose Rockadile 24 Girls Mountain Bike Pink (2021)$499.95 $485.00 $436.50
- Mongoose Rockadile 24 Girls Mountain Bike Teal (2021)$499.95 $485.00 $436.50
- Mongoose Rockadile 24 Boys Mountain Bike Green (2021)$499.95 $485.00 $436.50
- Merida Matts J24 Disc Boys Bike Yellow/Black (2021)$799.99 $776.00 $698.40
- Merida Matts J24 Disc Girls Bike Dark Purple/Pale Pink/Teal (2021)$799.99 $776.00 $698.40
- Norco Charger 4.1 Kids Mountain Bike Black/Green (2019)$849.00 $789.00 $710.10
Huge Range of Kids & Toddler Bikes For Sale
All of our kids bikes have been built with the comfort and safety of your child in mind. We have a massive variety of colours and designs that will put the smile on the face of any kid between the ages 2-12.
Most Popular Types
Kids Bikes Buying Guide
Whether it’s your kids first bike, or they’ve outgrown their old set of wheels; buying a kids bike can be difficult if you don’t know how to pick the right one.
How To Choose The Best Kids Bike For Riding To School
Forget shuttling the kids to school every morning or putting them on the bus, save the planet and help your kids get some exercise by riding to school.
Kids at Home: Keep Them Busy, and Healthy
Kids’ lives have been impacted greatly by the coronavirus crisis, and parents are busily searching for activities that help kids stay busy, active and healthy.
Frequently asked questions
Our staff are well-known for being the most friendly, knowledgeable and professional bike experts, and will help you with any questions you may have. Here are some of the most common:
Measuring a Kid for Bike Size
Push bike sizes refer to the diameter of the wheels, which are measured in inches. We recommend visiting your local 99 Bikes store for a professional bike fit and sizing, however the general rule of thumb is:
|Under 2||Up to 95 cm||12 inch balance bike|
|Ages 2 - 4||78 cm - 94 cm||12 inch kid’s bike|
|Ages 3 - 6||84 cm - 112 cm||16 inch kid’s bike|
|Ages 6 - 9||108 cm - 129 cm||20 inch kid’s bike or BMX bike|
|Ages 8 - 11||125 cm - 148 cm||24 inch kid’s bike|
|Ages 10+||145 cm - 160 cm||26 inch kids bike or extra small adults bike|
Best Bikes For Kids To Learn On
The average age for kids to learn how to ride a bike is 5 years old. Beyond things like training wheels, there are other important considerations such as how much strength the child has built, particularly when they’re under the age of six. Lighter bikes are easier for kids to ride while they’re still developing the strength needed for riding.
For children up to the age of two, Balance Bikes are a great first step towards learning some of the skills necessary to ride a bike, for example balance and steering.
Looking at the table above, you may want to check out our range of 12” Kids Bikes for children between the ages 2-4, and 16” Kids Bikes if they’re aged between 3-6.
In most cases, 12” and 16” kids bikes will come with training wheels attached, which can be removed as they become more confident riders. They also often include a push steerer, which allows you to guide them when they’re in need of direction or assistance with balancing.
For more information, check out our complete Guide To Buying Kids Bikes.