Items 1-36 of 244
- Norco Range C3 Mountain Bike 27.5 Inch Black (2019)Now $5,043.00 RRP $5,199.00 SAVE $156.00
- Norco Range A1 Mountain Bike 27.5 Inch Grey (2019)Now $4,461.00 RRP $4,599.00 SAVE $138.00
- Norco Torrent 7.1 FS Mountain Bike Black/Green (2017)Now $3,499.00 RRP $4,599.00 SAVE $1,100.00
- Norco Range C1 Mountain Bike 27.5 Inch Blue (2019) - Pre OrderNow $6,789.00 RRP $6,999.00 SAVE $210.00
- Norco Sight C3 Mountain Bike Red 29 Inch (2019) - Pre OrderNow $5,043.00 RRP $5,199.00 SAVE $156.00
- Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race Mountain Bike Blue/Grey (2018/2019)Now $3,399.00 RRP $3,999.00 SAVE $600.00
- Norco Threshold C Force Cyclcross Bike Black (2019)Now $4,849.00 RRP $4,999.00 SAVE $150.00
- Norco Fluid 3 FS 27.5inch Mountain Bike Black OrangeNow $1,899.00 RRP $2,199.00 SAVE $300.00
- Norco Fluid 3 FS Mountain Bike Black Orange 29inch (2018)Now $1,899.00 RRP $2,199.00 SAVE $300.00
- Merida Big Seven 300 Mountain Bike Anthracite/Green/Black (2019)Now $1,260.00 RRP $1,299.00 SAVE $39.00
- Merida Big Nine 300 Mountain Bike Anthracite/Green/Black (2019)Now $1,260.00 RRP $1,299.00 SAVE $39.00
- Norco Sight A2 Mountain Bike Blue 27.5 Inch (2019)Now $4,073.00 RRP $4,199.00 SAVE $126.00
- Merida One Forty 800 Mountain Bike Yellow/Black (2019)Now $3,685.00 RRP $3,799.00 SAVE $114.00
- Merida One Sixty 6000 Mountain Bike Shiny Matt Black (2019)Now $5,334.00 RRP $5,499.00 SAVE $165.00 As low as $5,319.00
- Norco Sight A3 W Women's Mountain Bike Charcoal (2019) - Pre OrderNow $3,394.00 RRP $3,499.00 SAVE $105.00
- Norco Fluid 2 FS Women's Mountain Bike Powder Blue/Navy Blue 27.5 Inch (2019) - Pre OrderNow $2,799.00 RRP $2,999.00 SAVE $200.00
- Norco Sight C1 Mountain Bike Brown 27.5 Inch (2019) - Pre OrderNow $6,789.00 RRP $6,999.00 SAVE $210.00
- Norco Fluid 2 Hardtail Mountain Bike Green Sage/Sand (2019)Now $1,551.00 RRP $1,599.00 SAVE $48.00
- Norco Sight C1 Mountain Bike Brown 29 Inch (2019) - Pre OrderNow $6,789.00 RRP $6,999.00 SAVE $210.00
- Norco Fluid 3 FS Women's Mountain Bike 27.5 Inch Concrete (2019) - Pre OrderNow $2,299.00 RRP $2,399.00 SAVE $100.00
- Norco Sight C2 Mountain Bike Black 27.5 Inch (2019)Now $5,819.00 RRP $5,999.00 SAVE $180.00
Items 1-36 of 244
Our Range Of Mountain Bikes For Sale
99 Bikes has a huge range of Mountain bikes for sale at Australia's best prices! Our range of Mountain bikes are available in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and the Gold & Sunshine Coasts.
Mountain bikes are made with strong frames and components, off road tyres and a large range of gears to make getting off-road easy. While performing best off-road, mountain bikes are extremely versatile, and suitable for a variety of recreational and commuter purposes.
Entry-level mountain bikes are more suited to bike paths, parks, and light use on unsealed surfaces. Progressing through the range, mountain bikes become more suited to longer rides, and rougher terrain, with a focus on durability and performance. A cheap mountain bike makes also makes a great all round commuting option.
Mountain bikes can be either hardtail (front suspension only), or dual suspension (suspension in front and rear). Carbon fiber frames achieve a huge advance in performance, as the material is extremely strong, light, and stiff, achieving maximum power transfer from rider to bike. We also carry a great range of Fat Bikes which thanks to their huge tyres, are able to be ridden on soft terrain such as sand or mud without getting bogged.
Mountain bikes can be used for many types of riding, from riding around town to endurance off-road racing. Mountain bikes are made with strong frames and robust components and can be taken on the toughest Australian rough trails, no worries. Womens mountain bikes are designed specifically for female riders. Generally this involves a lower top tube and standover height, which makes it easier to dismount as well as plant your feet on the ground when extra balance is required. They also features womens specfiic saddles and braking and gear set ups more suited to smaller hands.
Mountain bikes now come in 3 wheel sizes: 26 inch; 27.5 (also called 650B); and 29 inch. Generally speaking, the smaller 26 inch wheel size offers a more responsive, agile ride. The larger 29 inch wheel size has the advantage of reduced rolling resistance over rough Australian terrain, which provides easier clearance of obstacles, and general comfort over the trail. The bigger wheels also offer more tread connected with the surface, helping to increase traction. 27.5 offers the ultimate versatility - the agility and handling of traditional 26 inch wheels, with the reduced rolling resistance and improved traction and stability of a 29er.
The Best Mountain Bike Brands At Australia's Cheapest Prices
99 Bikes has the world's best mountain bike brands at the lowest prices, with bikes from Merida, Lapierre, Norco, Cube, GT, Apollo, Pedal and more. Men's and women's mountain bikes for beginners right through to experts. Alloy and carbon frames, with hardtail and dual suspension platforms. If you're looking for a cheap mountain bike you'll find a model to fit your budget at 99 Bikes.
Hard Tail Mountain Bikes
A hard tail mountain bike has no suspension at the rear of the bike. In almost all cases, a hard tail mountain bike will feature front suspension in the forks, however, some very low cost models due use rigid forks. They're mechanically simpler — having no rear shock, pivots or tubes behind the seat which makes them lighter and brings down the cost too.
Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes
A dual suspension or full suspension mountain bike features suspension at both the front and rear. Having suspension front and back makes the ride more comfortable especially as these bikes are ideal for down-hill racing. Dual suspension bikes are more complex with twice the amount of hardware and thus are more expensive, but worth it for the comfort.
Downhill Mountain Bikes
If you're chasing even more of an adrenaline rush, we also have a huge range of downhill mountain bikes for sale at Australia's best prices. Specifically designed for downhill racing, these bikes are made for descending a course in the shortest time frame, so majority of focus is put into this, rather than uphill pedaling. Downhill Mountain bikes need stand up to the challenge of travelling the shortest line possible at the highest speed.