- BMC Roadmachine 02 Two Road Bike Red/Grey/Black (2020)Now $4,679.00 RRP $5,199.00 SAVE $520.00
- BMC Roadmachine 02 One Road Bike Carbon White/Grey (2020)Now $5,849.00 RRP $6,499.00 SAVE $650.00
- BMC Teammachine SLR02 Disc One Road Bike Grey/White/Orange (2020)Now $6,199.00 RRP $6,799.00 SAVE $600.00
- BMC Teammachine SLR02 Disc Two Road Bike Carbon/Charcoal Grey (2020)Now $5,599.00 RRP $6,499.00 SAVE $900.00
- BMC Teammachine SLR02 Disc Three Road Bike Carbon Charcoal/Green (2020)Now $4,399.00 RRP $5,199.00 SAVE $800.00
- BMC Teammachine ALR Disc Two Road Bike Blue/Red/Grey (2020)Now $2,499.00 RRP $2,899.00 SAVE $400.00
- BMC Teammachine SLR02 Disc Four Road Bike Red/White/Grey (2020)Now $3,799.00 RRP $4,199.00 SAVE $400.00
- BMC Roadmachine 02 Three Road Bike Grey/Black/Grey (2020)Now $3,599.00 RRP $4,199.00 SAVE $600.00
Our Range of Road Bikes For Sale
99 bikes has a huge range of men's and women's road bikes, alloy road bikes, carbon road bikes, and more, all at Australia's greatest prices. With a wide selection of road bikes for beginners right through to experts and competitive road racers. The world's best road bike brands, including Merida, Cube, Norco, Apollo, Pedal, and more. Our range of road bikes are available in Sydney, Perth, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra and the Gold & Sunshine Coasts.
Road Bikes also known as drop bar road bikes are designed purely for on-road use - they are fast, lightweight and efficient. Great for general fitness training, as a social activity (they’ve been called ‘the new golf’), or more serious events and racing. Entry level road bikes feature alloy frames and simple gearing (or group-sets). Generally these bikes as more comfort focused, and keep prices cheap by using more basic components for gears, brakes and wheels or by offering different variations such as flat bar road bikes.
The Best Road Bikes
Moving through the range, road bikes become more performance focused, with materials and components becoming more lightweight, durable and easy to use. Riders who get the bug can often begin to feel as though they are 'outgrowing' their bikes, and start to crave lighter frames, smoother shifting, better braking and improved handling. Carbon frames achieve a big advance in performance, as the material is extremely strong, light, and stiff. It also provides greater comfort (through vibration dampening), as well power transfer (and therefore efficiency) compared to an alloy frame. The less flex there is laterally in the frame as a rider pedals mean less power is lost from each pedal stroke, and more in transfer into creating forward motion through the crank and wheels.
Performance Road Bikes
Performance focused road bikes aim to give the rider a bike that is laterally stiff, while allowing for some flex (or compliance) vertically as a way to absorb some of the bumps in the road before they reach the rider. Obviously a more comfortable ride is not only more enjoyable, but improves performance and means a longer time can be spent out on the road riding.
The Best Road Bikes At Australia's Best Prices
99 Bikes has Australia's lowest prices on all the best road bike brands. If you're looking for a cheap and reliable road bike, we have a large selection of quality road bikes under $1000 and if you happen to find a local competitor selling the same bike for less, we'll beat their price with our Price Beat Guarantee.*
Ride the same road bikes as developed by Merida for Team Bahrain Merida; and Cube for Team WGG in the Tour de France. Or, check out a great range of time trial and triathlon bikes to suit riders of any level.
It is important to be properly fit to a road bike, as this process will ensure maximum comfort and performance, while reducing risk of injury. Our bike brands offer a road bike size guide which highlights suitability for riders of different heights depending on the frame geometry of the respective models. This is a guide only, and as individual body types differ, the most accurate way to ensure you are riding the correct size road bike is to be measured and fit by a trained professional at any 99 Bikes shop.