Bottle CamelBak Podium Chill 600ml Race Edition
5% Best Price Guarantee We'll beat any price by 5%*
Our 5% Best Price Guarantee is our commitment that we offer the lowest price. If you find a cheaper price, we will beat it by 5%.
- Applies to any cheaper price found on any online store in Australia, or in a physical store within Australia.
- Applies when the competitor's final price inclusive of any taxes and delivery fees.
- *Excludes Garmin, other exclusions apply learn more here.
Up to 12 months interest free
Camelbak Podium Chill is a 600ml water bottle with double-wall insulation to get your drink colder for longer. Camlebak's innovative Jet Valve ensures you're drinking the water, not wearing it down the front of your shirt.
CamelBak is the official hydration sponsor for the pro cycling team Garmin-Sharp-Barracuda. The team uses Podium bottles in training and during races.
Hydrating for sport performance:
Water is the most abundant (and overlooked) element in the body. In fact, experts rank water second only to oxygen as essential for life and say most of us aren’t getting enough water. Whether you're just starting out with an exercise plan or you're a highly trained athlete, we've got some quick tips to help you understand the importance of hydration on your performance.
The importance of pre-hydration before your workout or event:
- Athletes who are dehydrated when they start competing don't perform as well. Why? Starting your workout dehydrated reduces the amount of ?uid circulating in your bloodstream and bathing your body's cells. Less circulating ?uid makes your heart work harder during exercise, drives up your heat production, and limits your body's ability to cool itself. Increased body temperature also affects your mental performance.
- Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when exercising. Water also helps fuel your muscles.
Why you need to stay hydrated during exercise:
- In a dehydrated state, your muscles fatigue and may develop cramps.
- Hydration keeps your heart rate lower, longer.
- Both aerobic and endurance activities are affected, performance worsens in a hot environment and as dehydration increases.
- Hydration keeps you from overheating. As you exercise, your muscles generate heat. The body dissipates this heat through sweat, and as the sweat evaporates, it cools the tissues beneath. Since sweat is made up of about 95% water, you need water in order to sweat normally.
- Water acts as a lubricant for muscles and joints and it helps cushion joints to keep muscles working properly.
- Approximately 70-75% of muscle is made up of water, so maintaining the right water balance is necessary for peak muscle performance.
- Athlete studies show a 1% loss in body fluid will slow you down 2%.
Don't stop there! Be sure to stay hydrated after, too!
- Proper hydration has been shown to relieve back and joint pain for as many as 80% of sufferers.
- Wake up! Dehydration is the #1 cause for afternoon fatigue.
- By the time you're thirsty, you're already dehydrated.
- Hydrated skin looks younger: Your skin is the first place to lose water.
- Water delivers the nutrients your body needs - never run on empty.
In the late 80s, a bicycle enthusiast named Michael Eidson filled a medical IV bag with water, placed it inside a sock, and clamped in a thin hose with a clothes peg to complete a 100 mile road race in the summer heat of Texas. Eidson drank, and hands-free hydration was born. It's come a long way since then, and Camelbak is now a world leader in innovative, high performance hydration systems for active people. Camelbak's 'Got Your Bak' guarantee covers all it's products (right down to the basic water bottle) with a lifetime guarantee on defects in materials and workmanship.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
- Access to exclusive guarantees
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.