Cube Stereo 160 Race Mountain Bike (2018)
Up to 12 months interest free
Cube Stereo 160 Race 27.5 is a performance dual suspension bike with 160mm of travel. Aimed at the experienced rider, this a no holds barred enduro rig with a big nod to efficiency.
The Stereo 160 features the ETC4 suspension design, The low leverage ratio and linear rate curve makes the bike very sensitive, avoids bobbing and offers full usable travel all the time. This makes the bike efficient up the climbs, but also allows for a stable and confidence inspiring ride on the descents.
The Fox suspension front and rear provides plenty of support right through the travel, keeping the bike stable and predictable. Shimano Deore 1x10 drivetrain keeps the gearing simple and efficient. Shimano Deore brakes provide ample stopping power and excellent control to keep you rubber side down on the trails.
Everyone knows that a good set of wheels can be a game changer on a bike, luckily the Stereo 160 race comes equipped with an Answer Atac wheelset complete with “boost” spacing front and rear. The wider hub spacing keeps the wheels feeling stiff, and light rims help the bike accelerate quickly.
The Cube Stereo 160 27.5 is a performance enduro bike, perfect for the seasoned mountain biker looking to step up their riding to the next level.
Big travel, big thrills: the Stereo 160 Race 27.5 is a machine capable of delivering almost infinite fun on epic trails. With a combination of light, fast-rolling 27.5 inch wheels and 160mm of travel courtesy of a Fox 34 Performance fork and Float DPS EVOL shock, this bike is an unstoppable, enduro-winning force. For 2018 we've equipped it with Shimano's Deore components and a RaceFace Aeffect crank - so you've a slick-shifting, tough and reliable 1x10 transmission at your fingertips.v Shimano's Deore braking system will give you all the power you need to stay in control. Combined with the Answer Atac wheelset, CUBE dropper post and Race Face cockpit, it's all you need to smash out some personal best stage times.
This really is frame construction on the highest level. We designed the 7005, hydoformed aluminium frame with an exceptionally low standover height for better manouevrability, increased the reach a little for improved handling and slotted in a Boost 148 rear end for the best possible stiffness. The result? It's both lighter and more stable than you'd expect from a long travel machine, with handling that belies its prodigious abiility to swallow bumps whole. Of course, current standards like the PressFit bottom bracket, tapered head tube, internal cable routing and ISCG mounts are all present and correct. The four pivot rear suspension is aided and abetted by the Trail Motion Rocker linkage and high quality industrial bearings for the ultimate sensitivity. And the nimble trail manners and ride-by-wire handling come courtesy of our proprietary Agile Trail Geometry (ATG).
- Frame: HPA Ultralight, Advanced Hydroform, Triple Butted, ETC 4-Link, ISCG Mount, Boost148, AXH
- Color: black´n´grey
- Sizes: 16", 18", 20", 22"
- Fork: Fox 34 Float, 3-Position Micro-Adjust GRIP Damper, Tapered, 15x110mm, 160mm
- Shock: Fox Float DPS EVOL, 200x57mm, Open/Medium/Firm Mode
- Shock Hardware: Top: 30x8mm, Bottom: 22x8mm
- Headset: FSA 1.5E ZS, Tapered, Top Zero-Stack 1 1/8" (OD 44mm), Bottom Zero-Stack 1 1/2" (OD 56mm)
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R 35
- Handlebar: Race Face Chester 35, 780mm
- Grips: CUBE Race SL Grip 29.5, 1-Clamp
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore RD-M6000-DSGS, ShadowPlus, 10-Speed, Direct Mount
- Shifters: Shimano Deore SL-M6000, Rapidfire-Plus
- Brake: Shimano Deore BR-M6000, Hydr. Disc Brake (203/180)
- Crankset: Race Face Aeffect 32T, 175mm
- Cassette: Shimano Deore CS-HG500, 11-42T
- Chain: KMC X10
- Wheelset: Answer Atac EM, 15x110mm / 12x148mm, Tubeless Ready
- Tyre: Schwalbe Hans Dampf, Addix Performance, Kevlar, 2.35
- Saddle: Selle Royal MTB
- Seat Post: CUBE Dropper Post, Handlebar Lever, Internal Cable Routing, 31.6mm, 440x150mm (400x125mm for smallest frame size)
- Seat Clamp: CUBE Screwlock, 34.9mm
|Popular Filters||Dual Suspension|
Even a quick glance at a Cube flying past is enough to tell you that a Cube is not just any old bike. Cube is a German manufacturer of bikes with an overwhelming passion for innovation, quality, and meticulous attention to detail. Cube bikes are tested thoroughly on road, trails and in the test lab under tough and demanding conditions. Only after a team of designers, engineers and test riders are convinced of an extraordinary bicycle does it become part of the Cube fleet. Just as meticulous as they are with quality, they are with aesthetics. It's safely said that the Cube range of bikes is one of the most aesthetically pleasing, and head turning on the market, with incredible care taken to match even the smallest detail on every bike. Cube bikes have been selling the world over for nearly two decades, with a massive presence on the roads and trails of Europe.
Club 99 Membership
Join Club 99 for just $5 when you make a purchase in store, or use the button below to buy membership online. To reward you for being a club member, your Club 99 membership card will give you these great benefits:
- Discounted Club 99 pricing, in store and online
- A $25 gift card when you spend over $500 in a year *
- Access to free bike maintenance classes
- Exclusive priority access to new offers
- Access to exclusive guarantees
Please note that when you buy Club 99 membership online, it may take up to 20 minutes to receive your welcome email.
* Click here for Club 99 terms and conditions.
Hardtail Mountain Bike Sizing Chart
This is an accurate estimate, and every new bike comes with a free professional bike fit when you click & collect in store, plus all bikes have a 30 day Perfect Ride Guarantee.