Up to 12 months interest free
Prepare yourself in a professional manner and get your body in top condition with the Booster, the top model of the Tacx cycletrainers. Even at low speed the powerful magnetic brake generates high resistance; the maximum resistance is 1050 Watt. This makes the Booster highly suitable for simulating climbs and for interval training with short, intense sprints. The handlebar resistance lever allows you to set the level of resistance by selecting one of ten different positions. The brake is easy to assemble so you can get started straight away. The professionals with whom Tacx cooperates use the Booster for warming up for time-trials and other important stages. ‘‘The Booster gives me the same feeling like I have on the road”, says multiple time-trial world champion Tony Martin.
The Booster is the most powerful basic trainer and can generate high resistance at low speeds. If you set the handlebar resistance lever to a high position you have to exert a lot of force while advancing slowly, just like when you tackle a steep climb. This makes the Booster highly suitable for power based workouts.
The Booster is controlled by a lever on your steer, allowing you to set the resistance as required. The higher the position, the more resistance.=
- Type of trainer Basic trainer with magnetic brake
- Magnets 2x8 Permanent ferrite magnets
- Transmission Roller, 30 mm
- Electrical requirements No mains voltage required
- Power indicator None
- Connection indicator (ANT/BT) None
- Firmware upgradable No
- Suitable bikes Race, Tri & MTB , if necessary with axle skewer
- Supplied with Front wheel support , Quick release for road bikes and mountain bikes (5mm)
- Max. power (40 km/h) 1050 Watt
- Max. slope n.a.
- Simulation of descent No
- Max. torque 17Nm
- Max. brake force 50N
- Flywheel Actual of 1,6kg
- Flywheel effect 9.18 kg (20.2 lbs)
- Calibration n.a.
- Footprint (lxw) 675×650mm (26.6×25.6in)
- Height 410mm (16.1in)
- Dimensions when folded 565×410×245mm (22.2×16.1×9.65in)
- Weight 8.53kg (18.8lbs)
- Article number T2500
DATA OUTPUT AND CONTROL
- Wireless communication None
- Control by Handlebar resistance lever with 10 positions
- Output n.a.
- Read out on n.a.
- Accuracy n.a.
Train with Zwift or TrainerRoad on the basis of virtual power using the Tacx speed and cadence sensor! This transmits your speed and cadence wirelessly via ANT+ or Bluetooth Smart to your tablet or smartphone, so you can also use these training applications with a basic trainer.
|Click & Collect||Yes|