Continental GP5000 TDF Folding Tyre Cream 700 x 25c
Up to 12 months interest free
The Continental GP5000 Tour de France Special Edition Tyre is the best allrounder on the market, ready to take your performance to a another level. You’ll be faster than ever, with 12% less rolling resistance enabling you to ride faster and longer with ease. While a 20% increase puncture protection will keep you out on the road for longer and the new Lazer Grip tread texturing and BlackChili Compound perfectly blends speed and grip in one high performance package. Continental's innovative Active Comfort Technology ensures the smoothest ride the Vectran high tech fibre is incredibly durable. The GP5000 tyre offers a silky smooth ride that is versatile enough to handle different conditions and types of riding.
- Active Comfort Technology: A revolutionary approach in cycling, the Active Comfort Technology is embedded in the tyre construction and absorbs vibrations and smoothens your ride.
- BlackChili: With our unique tread compound produced only in Germany, we have revolutionised the sport of cycling. With the legendary BlackChili Compound we have answered the eternal question of the best balance of grip and rolling resistance for cycling. Regular test wins confirm the measureable and noticeable advantages for the cyclist, in both the laboratory and on the road. The latest polymers as well as specially developed carbon black particles and filler materials guarantee unique performance
- Lazer Grip: Lazer Grip, to make you one with the road. The lazered micro profile structure expands over the tyre’s shoulder and provides outstanding cornering.
- Vectran™: is a synthetically manufactured high-tech fibre from a natural model. Like spider silk, Vectran™ is a liquid-crystalline polymer (LCP). Vectran™ is spun from the melted liquid polymer Vectra and processed further to a multi-strand thread. Spider silk like Vectran™ has an enormous tear resistance at a very low weight: Exactly the right properties to process into a premium Continental bicycle tyre as a puncture protection insert. A Vectran™ Breaker is lighter, more flexible and protects more effectively against cuts than the comparable nylon breaker. Vectran™ Breaker does not adversely affect the rolling resistance.
- 12% less rolling resistance
- 20% boost in puncture protection
- 10g lighter (for the 700x25c tube-type size)
- Hand made in Germany
- TPI: 3/330
- PSI: 95-120
- Weight: 220g
- Bead: Folding
Continental has over 100 years experience manufacturing tyres for the bicycle and automotive industries. Continental conducts its technological development and production in Germany, manufacturing products for everyday riders through to professional racers. Continental tyres have been ridden to Olympic gold in track, cross country, and triathlon events; as well as Tour de France victory by Cadel Evans; and supplies UCI Pro Tour teams suchs as BMC, Lotto Belisol and Orica GreenEdge.