- Merida Silex 300 Adventure Road Bike Silk Titan/Black (2020)Now $1,619.00 RRP $1,799.00 SAVE $180.00
- Merida Mission CX 100 SE Cyclocross Bike Glossy Pearl/Sand/Black (2020)Now $1,099.00 RRP $1,249.00 SAVE $150.00
- Merida Silex 400 Adventure Road Bike Matt Medium Blue/Blue (2020)Now $1,889.00 RRP $2,099.00 SAVE $210.00
- Merida Silex 200 Adventure Road Bike Metallic Black/Anthracite (2020)Now $1,299.00 RRP $1,499.00 SAVE $200.00
- Norco Search XR S2 Gravel Bike Steller Blue (2020)Now $2,339.00 RRP $2,599.00 SAVE $260.00
- Merida Mission CX 400 Cyclocross Bike Matt Silver/Blue (2020)Now $1,799.00 RRP $1,999.00 SAVE $200.00
- Norco Search XR S Apex 1 Adventure Road Bike Silver (2019)Now $1,999.00 RRP $2,399.00 SAVE $400.00
- GT 700 Grade Carbon Elite Gravel Bike Satin Gunmetal (2020)Now $2,899.00 RRP $2,999.00 SAVE $100.00
- Merida Mission CX 400 Cyclocross Bike Matt Silver/Blue (2019)Now $1,499.00 RRP $1,999.00 SAVE $500.00
- Norco Search XR C Ultegra Adventure Bike Sand (2019)Now $3,149.00 RRP $4,599.00 SAVE $1,450.00
- Norco Search XR C2 Gravel Bike Metallic Brown Fade (2020)Now $4,139.00 RRP $4,599.00 SAVE $460.00
- Merida Silex 700 Adventure Road Bike Matt Black/Glossy Anthracite (2020)Now $2,463.00 RRP $2,799.00 SAVE $336.00
- Merida Silex Plus 6000 Adventure Road Bike Glossy Ocean Blue/Black (2020)Now $3,419.00 RRP $3,799.00 SAVE $380.00
- Merida Mission CX Force Edition Adventure Road Bike Glossy Sparkling Blue/Black/Lime (2020)Now $5,819.00 RRP $5,999.00 SAVE $180.00
Our Range of Adventure Road Bikes & Cyclocross Bikes For Sale
99 Bikes has a huge range of adventure road bikes otherwise known as cyclocross, from leading brands such as Merida, Cube, Norco, and more. Cyclocross Bikes (or cross bikes, CX bikes, gravel bikes) are designed specifically for cyclocross racing, a hybrid event that takes cues from both road cycling and mountain biking. Cyclocross bikes look similar to Road Bikes, with the main differences being the knobbed, off-road tyres; strong wheelsets; and braking systems that allow for better clearance of mud and debris.
Cyclocross racers need to constantly dismount and carry their bikes in order to clear obstacles, so naturally bikes must be lightweight aluminium or carbon fibre to make this easier. Cyclocross / gravel bikes generally operate with cantilever brakes, have a wider set up allowing for mud to clear easily. Disc brakes have recently been permitted in professional level racing, meaning some models are taking on their slightly heavier weight, in favour for the greater braking power they offer over cantilevers.
Cyclocross In Australia
Due to their robust nature, cyclocross bikes in Australia have risen to popularity with commuters, as they offer an efficient, all weather option for riding to work. The road bike style riding position makes the cyclocross bike fast and efficient for longer, on-road rides. The off-road tyres gives superior traction in poor weather, or varied surfaces such as loose gravel roads. Likewise, the addition of disc brakes improves stopping power on wet days.
The Best Cyclocross Bikes At The Best Price
Cyclocross bikes for sale from some of the world's best bike brands, including Merida, Norco, GT, Apollo, and more. Our range has of Cyclocross Bikes are for every rider whether they be racers or commuters, with alloy and carbon fibre frame options. Find the right Cyclocross Bike via our buying guide here. Shop online and in store at any of our locations in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Canberra, Gold Coast, and Sunshine Coast